11.20.20 Highlights from 11.16.20-11.20.20
For our STM team as they review candidates.
For Jan Meyers who will be had surgery. She will have to remain in the hospital for a week.
For Carol Wyngarden, recovering from surgery and awaiting results from the biopsy of a nodal density, healing from infection, finding the source of the pain and being able to do something about it, and being able to open the blocked ureter in due time. Also, keep Terry in your prayers as he is unable to be with Carol and give them both strength as they continue in this journey.
Once again, we will be collecting Christmas cards for our Specials Friends. We will be collecting through Friday, December 4th. The cards can be dropped off
At church Monday - Friday 9am-1pm (office closed for Thanksgiving; Friday, November 27th and Tuesday, December 1st),
At Elaine Smith's home (15043 152nd Ave, Grand Haven),
Call Elaine (616-842-6136) and she will pick them up from you
or on Sundays (if we have church).
Here is the list of friends: Arley Bouwma Hank & Mary Crum Jane Katerberg Woody Knoll Jan Meyers Tom Osterman Erma Patterson Jim Peterson Carlie Ringelberg Jean Smith Esther Spoelma Dorothy Tierman Maria VanHouwelingen Don and Jean Van Oordt Anj VanStedum Henrietta VerHoeven Lou & Ethel Wallinga Carol Wyngarden
Love in Action of the Tri-Cities is once again being blessed by Meijer’s Simply Give program. It is running now through January 2nd. The purchase of a $10 Simply Give card at the Grand Haven Meijer store will help raise funds that are then converted into food-only gift cards used by LIA to stock its central pantry and by its 9 area church pantries to stock their shelves. Double match days are December 1st and December 12th. That means for every $10 card purchased, Meijer will double match it. The total donation will be $30 per card up to a maximum donation of $10,000. Your help by purchasing a card will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 846-2701.
New Deacon Chairman
Tim Cacciatore has agreed to assume the deacon role left vacant by the resignation of Dave Maki. Tim will serve as the deacon chairman and as a member of the executive team. Tim has signed the Covenant of office bearers and will begin serving immediately. His public installation will take place at a future date when we are able to worship in person.
Some of the women of the church have taken advantage of meeting for a brown bag lunch outside for the purpose of fellowship and connection in this time of distancing. Due to the colder weather and surge in virus this is no longer feasible. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in meeting by video chat through Zoom? Many of you are familiar with that format to have meetings, bible study, or staying connected with family. This Zoom time could be anytime in the day and any day of the week.
This is how it could work:
1. We'd have to choose a time and day for weekly or bi-weekly gatherings.
2. The women who are interested would have to indicate this by sending Wendy at church an email saying you are interested.
3. I would then send out an invitation to join the Zoom meeting and you can join from your phone, tablet, or computer. For those who don't know about Zoom I could walk you through the process of downloading the app.
4. Then we could chat for an hour or so and stay connected.
Let Wendy know if you are interested. Jo Bouwma
Here are the giving numbers from 11/15/20. This consists of all mailed in/dropped off checks due to the service being online only, plus Venmo.
Weekly giving: $4150.50 Weekly budget: 7612.00 Percent met: 54.5%
YTD giving: $285,281.17 YTD budget: 350,152.00 Percent met: 81.4%
Stained Glass Ornaments
Orders for the stained glass ornaments will unfortunately not be fulfilled by Christmas. The person who was to make them broke her hand a couple of months ago and now she is homeschooling 6 children. Joan has been trying to find someone else that does this work but she hasn't had any success. If you know someone who does, please contact Joan at 616-402-4238.
11/23 Shanna Pargellis (send wishes to email@example.com)
11/24 Dave Baker 11/28 Gabrielle DeGram
11/29 Eric Tuls (send wishes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Every Child Ministries (ECM) Mark & Stacy Luckey - November Mission of the Month
Our financial aid also helps children with disabilities and their caretakers. Which is the goal of ECM: to defend the defenseless children and by sharing with them the life-changing love of Jesus.
Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. Isaiah 58:10 (NLT)
Dan and I have a customer who strongly believes in our Recycle Ministry. 3-4 times per year he sends a check to be used through the ministry to do good in the community. He already sent 4 checks this year and Monday, totally unexpected, we received another check. It is for $1,000! I will tell you I couldn't hold back the tears when we opened that envelope. After talking with the Recycle Team, here is how the money will be shared:
1. Bike Ministry - buy kickstands, bells, and baskets for the bikes Bill fixes up
2. Recycle Ministry - buy more kids' Bibles & Psalm 23 books to hand out through Online Garage Sales
3. Love In Action - food for Blessings in a Backpack Ministry which is overwhelmed with need right now. We'll coordinate the date of gift card purchase on 12/1/20 through the Meijer Simply Give Program. Meijer doubles the amount of the purchased gift card. So our $250 will become $750!
4. Ferry School - We will connect with Principal Shelly about donating Kleenex, Clorox Wipes, and other supplies that usually come out of the teachers' personal money. If she has a more immediate need we will try to address that. By the way, Wednesday we donated 2 boxes of kids' books and puzzles that were in the Garage Sale Shed for the school to hand out Thursday to the kids as they go home and virtual learning begins. Again.
Please give thanks for how our Good & Gracious God continues to use the Recycle Ministry and each of us to make a difference for His Kingdom right where we're at. And for the overwhelming generosity, He pours on us to do His good work!